Products & Services > Institutional Investing > Prime Brokerage
Prime Broker Services
Why Choose Place Trade for your Prime Brokerage Needs?
Place Trade offers the best in global prime brokerage services along with the best in client services. Our clients enjoy the benefit of low transparent costs and financing, advanced allocation technology, innovative securities lending solutions, flexibility as well as the security, strength and experience offered via our clearing relationship with Interactive Brokers. For over 38 years, our clearing firm has been clearing and holding custody of assets around the world.
Consider the benefits of a fully electronic clearing and custody solution at Place Trade Financial
- No minimum Assets Under Management (AUM) requirement or fees.1
- Our Hedge Fund Capital Introduction Program, an online version of a traditional Capital Introduction program, allows Hedge Funds who use Place Trade as their exclusive Prime Broker to market their Funds to Place Trade customers who are Accredited Investors and Qualified Purchasers.
- Portfolio Margin accounts allow increased leverage with greater safety, for accounts with a net asset value over 110K USD.
- 24/7 institutional support and a dedicated Prime Broker Desk.
- Commissions on US Stocks range from 1/20th penny to 1/2 penny per share plus exchange rebates.
- Commissions on US options range from 7.5 cents to 75 cents per contract plus exchange rebates.
- Commissions on US futures ranges from 0.25 cents to 0.85 cents per contract.2
- Interbank-quality FX spreads allow you to trade the best bid and ask from multiple liquidity providers with spreads as low as ½ pip.2, 3
- Margin rates from 1.95% to as low as 0.5%.
Global Custody and Clearing
- Trade assets denominated in multiple currencies from a single account.
- Stocks, options, bonds, and funds around the world are held and reported in a single account.
- Trade in the currency and language of your choice.
- Take in trades from away brokers for US products.
- Allocate block orders to multiple accounts.
- Hedge Fund Investment Managers can trade in separately managed accounts as well as Funds.
- Our clearing firm, Interactive Brokers, is a self-clearing Prime Broker.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBG LLC) exceeds $5 billion in equity capital.
- Our real-time margin system continuously enforces limits for each account, and provides traders with real-time alerts for tracking their margin cushion.
- Use Risk Navigator, a real-time market risk management platform to unify exposure across multiple asset classes around the globe.
- Separate trading limits available by Trader or Fund.
- Electronically accessed inventory of securities available for borrowing.
- Superior short stock availability with pre-borrowing and fully transparent borrow fees that are not marked up.
- Transparent borrow fees on hard-to-borrow stocks that are not marked up.
- Two options to lend out fully paid-for long stock positions for added revenue.
- Flexible download files available in text or XML format.
- Customizable Activity Statements in PDF or HTML format.
- Ability to accept trade notification files from any broker in any format.
- PortfolioAnalyst, our online reporting and analysis tool, lets you build customizable reports on your returns, risk and holdings and compare your results to industry benchmarks.
- 1 A 10 USD per month minimum activity fee applies if there is no trading and AUM is under 5MM USD
- 2 Place Trade does not currently offer futures, FOREX or other commodity trading at this time, however, we anticipate adding these services in Q2-Q3 2017 so we have included information in advance for your convenience. Please feel free to give us a call if you are interested in trading these securities and we will let you know if we have a start date available.
- 3 As of September 2010.
Place Trade Financial, Inc. is a member of FINRA, SIPC. Our clearing firm, Interactive Brokers LLC, is a member of NYSE, FINRA, SIPC. Supporting documentation for any claims and statistical information will be provided upon request. Any stock, options futures or trading symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to portray a recommendation of any security or securities product. Nothing contained herein should be considered as an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security. Interactive Brokers does not provide investment advice. Place Trade does provide investment advice to full service clients. A separate full service commission schedule applies. Please contact your advisor for more information.
Place Trade Financial, Inc. does not provide investment advice to online trading clients/accounts, online institutional accounts or any other individual or account that is not specifically set up as a full service client and on a full service commission and fee schedule. Place Trade Financial, Inc. will only provide investment advice to full service clients that are specifically set up for full service trading and advice. (Full Service clients work with experienced financial consultants and pay full service commissions and fees which are different than online trading commissions and fees.) Place Trade Financial, Inc. does not provide tax advice to online trading clients/accounts, online institutional accounts or any other individual or account at any time.
Choose Place Trade for the best in Prime Brokerage Services! For information regarding fees please call us at 1-919-719-7200.
Back to the top